During pregnancy, a woman's body changes in many ways. One of the most noticeable changes is the skin, which can sometimes change significantly. Therefore, it is important to pay special attention to skin care to prevent skin problems and keep skin healthy and radiant.
Why the skin needs special attention during pregnancy
During pregnancy, the body produces more estrogen and progesterone, which leads to increased blood flow to the skin. This can lead to increased pigmentation of the skin, which can lead to the formation of dark spots or so-called "stretch marks". Acne, dryness or itching can also occur during pregnancy.
How to take care of the skin during pregnancy
To keep skin healthy during pregnancy, there are some simple steps you can follow:
- Drink enough water to hydrate the skin from the inside out.
- Use mild detergents and avoid salicylic acid or strong fragrances.
- Use a moisturizing cream to soothe and nourish the skin.
- Avoid direct sunlight and always wear sunscreen to protect against harmful UV rays.
- When in doubt: For skin problems like acne or itching, seek the advice of a dermatologist or midwife to find the right treatment procedure.
It's important to take care of your own skin, especially during pregnancy as your skin can be more sensitive during this time. By using mild cleansers, moisturizing products, and sunscreen, you can support your skin's health during pregnancy.